Maheen discusses how anger a seemingly normal emotion can eat up and destroy our lives. How is it this one emotion takes control or our character?
This podcast includes a recap on ‘Anger Management – Part 1‘ and goes on to discuss strategies to help get our anger under control.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why it is important to know about anger
- How we express anger
- 6 strategies to combat your anger
- APA Brochure on anger management
- Seeking refuge with Allah from Allah from the Devil: [Hadith] Sulayman b. Sard: ‘I was sitting with the Prophet, when two men began slandering one another. One of them was red in the face, and the veins on his neck were standing out. The Prophet (saw) said: “I know a word which, if he were to say it, what he feels would go away. If he said: ‘I seek refuge with Allah from the Devil,’ what he feels would go away'” (Fath al-bari; 6/337).
- [Hadith] The Messenger (saw) of Allah: ‘If a man gets angry and says: “I seek refuge Allah,’ his anger will go away'” (Sahih al-jami, 695).
- Remain Silent: [Hadith] The Messenger (saw) of Allah said: ‘If any of you becomes angry, let him remain silent’ (Sahih al-jami, 693).
- Sit down or lie down: [Hadith] ‘The Messenger (saw) of Allah said: ‘If any of you becomes angry and he is standing, let him sit down, so that his anger will go away. If it does not go away, let him lie down’. (Musnad Imam Ahmad, 5/152 and Sahih al-Jami, 694)
- Remember the high status of those who control themselves: [Hadith] The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: ‘The strongest man is the one who, when he gets angry and his face reddens and his hackles rise, is able to defeat his anger’ (Sahih al-Jami, 3859).
Have a Question?
Leave us a Voicemail – From time to time, we will be including in our show or dedicate an entire show to questions asked by you. So if you have a question, then simply record a voicemail by going to muslimlifehackers.com/ask. If chosen, it will be played and answered in our upcoming episodes.
Tune in From Your Mobile Device!
Enjoyed the Show?
Share this on Your Favourite Social Network Below – This will help a lot in getting the word out there and in turn allowing more people to benefit.