Joining us on the show today is Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar. He is the head tutorial assistant at Islamic Online University, radio presenter at Radio Al Ansar, creator of the online space islamicselfhelp.com as well as a published writer of multiple books including the one we will be discussing in our interview called “Getting the Barakah: an Islamic Guide to Time Management”.
In this episode we get into a ton of things regarding managing our time and productivity. We also get into how to set 10-20 year long goals, avoid making decisions that you will later regret and finding the perfect time management system for you!
This episode is brought to you by Muslim Central
“If you are afraid that it is going to take you 5 or 10 years to achieve a goal understand that those years are going to pass anyway and what will you show for it?” – Abu Muawiyah
- Why should our listeners care about time management and in turn being productive?
- Do you think that because time is not a tangible form of rizq we do not consider it as valuable?
- So for those of us who have also grown up in the 80s and 90s and have this notion of killing time, overhauling their habbits and starting to think long term sounds very intimidating. Where do we start with that process?
- How can someone tell if a decision is potentially harmful for them in the future or just an easy short cut? What is the difference?
- In your book you talk about how not all hours of the day have the same value. How can we use this to our advantage to get more done?
- The 7 day planner or the To-Do list? Can you explain these two systems and how they suit different lifestyles?
- What would you say to someone who says they are a procrastinator?
- Is having managed our time having a full calendar and always being busy? Where does relaxation and fun fit into the equation?
Books and Resources:
- Special Productivity Resource List for Muslim Life Hackers – http://islamicselfhelp.com/muslimlifehackers
- Getting the Barakah, an Islamic Guide to Time Management – Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephen R. Covey
- The 4 Hour Body – Tim Ferris
- Eat That Frog – Brian Tracey
- The Power of Focus – Jack Canfield
- Building Confidence, Dealing with Setbacks and Criticisms w/ Abu Muawiyah Ismail Kamdar
- Setting a Vision for Your Life w/ Sheikh Sajid Umar