We know that who we are is the sum of our closest friends and companions, so when you have someone influential in your life that just seems to drag you down, it is important to identify the toxic relationship and start to deal with it before it affects you further.
In this episode, Maheen talks about what kind of people we should look out for and what to do if we find ourselves stuck in a difficult relationship.
Highlights from the show:
- “Wanting to do right by yourself is a point of duty not arrogance” (Maheen – 5:35)
- “And when the dust settles, and you look around and who you are with and who you have become and you don’t like it…it can destroy you” (Maheen – 8:33)
- “Diagnose your relationship” (Maheen: 10:01)
- “Acknowledge that you can’t change people…we only have control over our own action not of others, and that is ok” (Maheen – 15:50)
- (Hadith) Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet (pbuh) said, “A man is upon the religion of his friends, so let one of you look at whom he befriends.” – Sunan Abu Dawud 4833
- (Video) Toxic People : How to End a Bad Relationship – watchwellcast
- (Video) How to Deal with Toxic People in Your Life – PeakYourMind, Martin Sosa
- Get with it and subscribe to the Muslim Life Hackers email list!